© SKYNESHER/ISTOCKPHOTO.COM MODEL USED FOR ILLUSTRATIVE PURPOSES ONLY
1. Negro R, Schwartz A, Gismondi R, Tinelli A, Mangieri T, Stagnaro-Green A. Universal screening versus case finding for detection and treatment of thyroid hormonal dysfunction during pregnancy. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2010; 95: 1699-1707.
2. Alexander EK, Pearce EN, Brent GA, et al. 2017 Guidelines of the American Thyroid Association for the diagnosis and management of thyroid disease during pregnancy and the postpartum. Thyroid 2017; 27: 315-389.
3. Li M, Eastman CJ. The changing epidemiology of iodine deficiency. Nat Rev Endocrinol 2012; 8: 434.
4. NHMRC. Iodine supplementation for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Canberra: Commonwealth of Australia; 2010.
5. Stagnaro-Green A, Abalovich M, Alexander E, et al. Guidelines of the American Thyroid Association for the diagnosis and management of thyroid disease during pregnancy and postpartum. Thyroid 2011; 21: 1081-1125.
6. Blumenthal NJ, Byth K, Eastman CJ. Prevalence of thyroid dysfunction and thyroid antibodies in a private obstetrical practice in Sydney. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 2016; 56: 307-311.
7. Hales C, Taylor PN, Channon S, et al. Controlled antenatal thyroid screening II: effect of treating maternal suboptimal thyroid function on child cognition. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2018; 103: 1583-1591.
8. Lazarus JH, Bestwick JP, Channon S, et al. Antenatal thyroid screening and childhood cognitive function. N Engl J Med 2012; 366: 493-501.
9. Casey BM, Thom EA, Peaceman AM, et al. Treatment of subclinical hypothyroidism or hypothyroxinemia in pregnancy. N Engl J Med 2017; 376: 815-825.
10. Nazarpour S, Tehrani FR, Simbar M, Tohidi M, Majd HA, Azizi F. Effects of levothyroxine treatment on pregnancy outcomes in pregnant women with autoimmune thyroid disease. Eur J Endocrinol 2016; EJE-16-0548.
11. Negro R, Formoso G, Mangieri T, Pezzarossa A, Dazzi D, Hassan H. Levothyroxine treatment in euthyroid pregnant women with autoimmune thyroid disease: effects on obstetrical complications. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2006; 91: 2587-2591.
12. Negro R, Schwartz A, Stagnaro-Green A. Impact of levothyroxine in miscarriage and preterm delivery rates in first trimester thyroid antibody-positive women with TSH less than 2.5 mIU/L. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2016; 101: 3685-3690.
13. Kim CH, Ahn JW, Kang SP, Kim SH, Chae HD, Kang BM. Effect of levothyroxine treatment on in vitro fertilization and pregnancy outcome in infertile women with subclinical hypothyroidism undergoing in vitro fertilization/intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Fertil Steril 2011; 95: 1650-1654.
14. Rahman A, Abbassy H, Abbassy A. Improved in vitro fertilization outcomes after treatment of subclinical hypothyroidism in infertile women. Endocr Pract 2010; 16: 792-797.
15. Cai Y, Zhong L, Guan J, et al. Outcome of in vitro fertilization in women with subclinical hypothyroidism. Reprod Biol Endocrinol 2017; 15: 39.
16. Cooper DS, Laurberg P. Hyperthyroidism in pregnancy. Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2013; 1: 238-249.
17. Stagnaro-Green A. Approach to the patient with postpartum thyroiditis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2012; 97: 334-342.
18. Soh SB, Topliss DJ. Thyroid dysfunction in pregnancy: optimising obstetric outcomes. Endocrinol Today 2013; 2(2): 8-16.
19. Cooray S, Sztal-Mazer S, Topliss DJ. Investigating thyroid function in pregnancy. Endocrinol Today 2015; 4(1): 41-46.